Thirty-one Italians students were taken to hospital on Friday night after suffering the effects of what appear to be food poisoning. The group of students, who were housed in the Olšanka hotel in Prague’s Žižkov district, suffered severe intestinal problems and were taken by ambulance to several hospitals in the vicinity. All are said to be out of danger. Police and hygiene officers are investigating the incident.
My Prague – Rob Cameron
Agencies abuse Czech visa system in Ukraine to fuel booming illegal business
Hockey legend Jaromír Jágr turns 45
Marie Iljašenko: a European poet
New documentary celebrates Czechoslovak war hero, RAF pilot Emil Boček
Jan Antonín Baťa always said he put his people first, says granddaughter Dolores Bata Arambasic
Academic Michael Smith: Czech govt. is supporting education of well-off through “free” universities