Seven people have suffered injuries in a gas explosion that occurred in a family home in the north Bohemian town Děčín on Saturday. No one was inside the house when the explosion took place; the injured people were renovating the building, and were working outside, a spokesman for the emergency services said. Gas piping in the house was probably damaged during work on the façade, according to the local fire brigade.
Martin Nekola: Czech Chicago and other untold stories of Czechs abroad
Czech President Zeman addresses Council of Europe
Czech Republic faces court action over freedom of movement
Czech pre-election battle plugs into war of words over lithium mining deal
How should socialist architecture be treated now?