The police are investigating the death of a 32-year-old pregnant woman in Orlová in northern Czech Republic, a police spokesman said. The police assume the woman arrived at a private diabetes ward at the local hospital on Wednesday morning for a routine test; however, she was given a disinfectant instead of glucose. The doctors realized the mistake a few hours later and asked the police for assistance but the woman was found dead in her home. The person responsible for the tragic mistake faces up to six years in prison, the police spokesman said.
Friendly guide maps Prague ethnic eateries
Czech political parties clash over who should exploit lithium reserves
Thriving Prague hotels raising prices to previously unseen levels
Activists pour blood-red substance in Vltava to protest alleged ‘misuse’ of Mánes art gallery
Almost one-third of Czechs can’t afford week-long package vacation, broadcaster reports