A 58-year-old man died in hospital on Friday, succumbing to methanol poisoning, the Czech News Agency reports. The man, from Moravec na Ždársku, fell gravely ill after drinking tainted liquor roughly a week ago. The police have charged a 37-year-old suspect in connection with the death, finding bottles of questionable alcohol in his home. Two years ago, the Czech Republic saw an outbreak of methanol poisoning after a deadly mix of bootleg alcohol illegally made it onto the market - more than 50 people lost their lives. Police suspect that some 4,000 litres are unaccounted for. If found guilty, the suspect could face up to eight years in jail.
Czech UK residency rejection highlights foreigners’ fears in Britain
Prague’s famous astronomical clock to undergo major repair work
Mr Cimrman goes to Washington: Successful English-language production of ‘The Stand-In’ to be performed for the first time in the US
Czech customers punish established banks
Bohemian born priest John Neumann who became US saint