The decision to cancel a tender process for the extension of the Temelín nuclear power station in South Bohemia does not mean that the Czech Republic has given up on nuclear power, says the minister of industry and trade, Jan Mládek. Mr. Mládek told Friday’s edition of Mladá fronta Dnes that it remained the best option for the country as regards power generation. He and the minister of finance will produce a draft plan by the end of the year under which nuclear would replace coal-fired power plants by around 2030, he told the newspaper. New blocks might not be at Temelín but at the Czech Republic’s second nuclear station at Dukovany, Mr. Mládek said.
Friendly guide maps Prague ethnic eateries
Czech political parties clash over who should exploit lithium reserves
Learners of Czech meet in Brno for 50th time
Thriving Prague hotels raising prices to previously unseen levels
Activists pour blood-red substance in Vltava to protest alleged ‘misuse’ of Mánes art gallery